Is Symantec Netbackup still one of the best enterprise level backup sol?
- November 22, 2017
- Posted by: Vidhya Live
- Category: Symantec Netbackup
Is Symantec Netbackup still one of the best enterprise level backup solution in the market today?
Yeah. Let us see why..! Veritas NetBackup provides businesses with an enterprise level heterogeneous backup and recovery. The Netbackup software is built with cross-platform backup functionality, enabling users to implement it in a large variety of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems. Veritas NetBackup integrates innovative design with the best and latest advances in data backup and recovery technologies to ensure impressive backups that do not disrupt or impede production activity.
When you have Veritas NetBackup running in the background, you can expect flexible automation and unified management that is based on a versatile, multiple-tiered architecture
.• Protects physical, virtual, and cloud systems
• Application, database, and hypervisor aware
• Robust third-party ecosystem supported by open APIs
• Agentless backup at the VM-host level
• Granular restores within VMs without mount-and-browse
• Automatic discovery and protection of new VMs
• New instance discovery and protection• Support for backup appliances as well as native disk
• Cloud storage utilization through cloud connectors or gateways
• Extensive tape library and drive compatibility• Tighter third-party integration via OpenStorage Technology (OST) API
Is NetApp Ontap still one of the best enterprise level Storage solution in the market today?
Yeah. Let us see why..!
Data ONTAP provides features for network file service, multiprotocol file and block sharing.New Clustered Data Ontap, also known as NetApp CDOT, is a scale-out storage solution for virtualized and cloud environments built on clustered NetApp all-flash, hybrid-flash and disk-storage solutions.
• ONTAP 9 -standard version of the operating system that will be deployed by enterprises on their FAS and AFF platforms
• ONTAP Cloud -NetApp storage is used in the AWS cloud environment, giving the same features, security and flexibility you get with NetApp on premise solutions• ONTAP Select – This runs the ONTAP operating system on your choice of commodity server or hypervisor, rather than on NetApp hardware
• RAID-TEC- RAID Triple Enclosure Coding using 3 drives for parity rather than the 2 used as standard in RAID-DP in previous versions. With RAID there is a trade-off between capacity and redundancy